The 40's Starlets were Real Women of Sensuality!

by Barbie Kiss
mylunakiss.com
Rita Hayworth
Lace Gown
I wonder sometimes if I was born in the wrong era?

Maybe I was meant to live in the 40's? I would love travel  back in time to the land of beautiful, well groomed women that oozed sensuality. I love that era!

Several famous female icons pop into my head as I write this like article...like Rita Hayworth.

Rita Hayworth
Lace and Satin Chemise
Rita Hayworth was beautiful, stylish, graceful and a talented dancer - pin up retro perfection.

I can't believe she appeared in over 61 films in 37 years ...she probably didn't have much time to reflect. Hayworth is most famous for appearing in movies like You'll Never Get Rich with Fred Astaire which was one of the most expensive films produced during that era according to IMdB. Of course, Gilda is her most famous film; Hayworth portrays a seductive wife of a mob boss caught in an affair.


Rita Hayworth - copyright Retna.
Wearing a Lace Top Satin Nightgown

Famous quotes from Rita Hayworth that I cherish (because they are so honest):

"Men fell in love with Gilda, but they wake up with me." - ritahayworth.com

"We are all tied to our destiny and there is no way we can liberate ourselves.” - thinkexist.com

We can learn a lot from the female icons of the past because of their wisdom, elegance and grace and sensuality.
Rita Hayworth - wearing a lace Spaghetti Strap Chemise
We are always inspired by the retro look when we select our lingerie, a couple items we think are Rita Hayworth worthy...

Plus Size Honeymoon Lace Babydoll Set

Kara Lace Retro Dress

Plus Size 3 Piece Babydoll Peignoir Set




Information Source: Google Images, IMDB, Thinkexist.com, ritahayworth.com.

Comments

Popular Posts